Welcome to the 2018 Pass the SALT Call for Papers Submission website!
Pass the SALT (Security And Libre Talks) is a technical conference about Free Software (or Open Format/Protocol) and Security
where hackers from many Security and Free Software fields come to exchange knowledge and cooperate
Usual Suspects ?
You would like to know what kind of speakers usually submit to this CFP ?
- contributors to Free Software Security Projects,
- researchers who found vulnerability in a Free Software project,
- people who have study the security model of a Free Software project or of an open protocol,
- hackers who played with Security and Free Software :)
You can look at this list of previous years speakers
You are (too) shy ? You do not recognize yourself into these descriptions ?
PLEASE, GO ON.
Just submit and we will exchange with you in a respectful and warm manner :-)
(Hot) Topics ?
We definitively want to have submissions from different Security fields
. We want to facilitate interactions between different Security and Free Software communities.
You can see an on-going list of previous achievements
there : link
This year, we would really like to cover :
- privacy free software and issues,
- offensive free software and usages
- and hacking tools/software.
All usual Security topics are of course welcome : DFIR, Network, Secure Coding etc.
And, obviously, if you have a brilliant and/or “strange” idea, just SUBMIT !
speaking about (Free Software OR Open Standard) AND Security :-)
The Format & the Timeline
You can propose:
- a long talk (40min - questions/answers included),
- a short talk (20min - questions/answers included),
- or a workshop.
The different dates are :
- Submission deadline: March 31st, 2018 at 23:59
- Speakers notification: April 15th, 2018
- Program publication : at the beginning of May, 2018
Submit in 3 actions :
- Create an account by follow following the "Create an account" link at the bottom of this page ,
- Click on the "New Submission" link after the completion of the account creation in order to create a new talk/workshop proposal ,
- Complete the form. The submission can stay in draft mode as long as you want, while the CFP deadlines are not reached.
Important: when you are ready to submit your proposal to review, check the option "Ready to review" and save the proposal.
Pass the SALT is a community and volunteers handled, free access event with quite a low budget. So we try to support first the speakers with low resources such as students or coming from developing countries. We only support flight/train costs, not accommodation.
We ask speakers companies (if any) for taking in charge flight and accommodations costs as much as possible. And, of course, we try to do our best for taking in charge most speakers that ask for.
Just send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
, if any.
Welcome to the Security And Libre Talks (2018 Pass the SALT CFP) submissions site. For general conference information, see https://2018.pass-the-salt.org/
Sign in to submit or review papers.
Submissions: Deadline: 31 Mar 2018 23:59:59 CEST
You must sign in to start a submission.