Welcome to the 2019 Pass the SALT Call for Papers Submission website!
Pass the SALT
Pass the SALT (Security And Libre Talks) is a technical conference about Free Software/Hardware (but also Open Formats/Protocols) and Security
Hackers from many Security and Free Software fields coming to exchange knowledge and cooperate
- Want to see?
You can find memories of the first edition (2018)
Typical people submitting to our CFP are:
- contributors to Free Software/Hardware Security Projects,
- researchers who found vulnerabilities in a Free Sw/Hw project,
- people who have studied the security model of a Free Sw/Hw project or of an open protocol,
- hackers who played with Security and Free Sw/Hw :)
See our list of the speakers of the first edition
You do not recognize yourself into these descriptions? You think you are too shy?
PLEASE, GO ON.
Just submit and we will exchange with you in a respectful and warm manner.
We definitively want to have submissions from multiple security fields
because we wish this conference to ease and improve interactions between various Security and Free Software communities.
This year, we would like to cover at least:
- privacy software and issues,
- offensive software and usages,
- hacking tools/software
But all usual security topics are of course welcome.
To illustrate, the first edition of Pass the SALT (2018) hosted 9 different sessions
covering a large part of the security landscape.
And, obviously, if you have a brilliant and/or “strange” idea, just SUBMIT !
speaking about (Free Software/Hardware OR Open Standard/Protocol) AND Security :-)
The different Talks Formats & the Timeline
You can propose:
- a long talk (35min - questions/answers included),
- a short talk (20min - questions/answers included),
- or a workshop.
The language : all the talks will be given in English
in order to share the conference with non French speaking speakers in the most comfortable manner.
The important dates are :
- Submission deadline: March 31st, 2019 at 23:59 CEST
- Speakers notification: April 15th, 2019
- Program publication : at the beginning of May, 2019
Submit in 3 actions :
- Create an account by following the "Create an account" link at the bottom of this page ,
- Click on the "New Submission" link after the completion of the account creation in order to create a new talk/workshop proposal ,
- Complete the form. The submission can stay in draft mode as long as you want, while the CFP deadlines are not reached.
Paper : you can submit a PDF paper but it is not mandatory. A detailed description is also OK for us.
Important: when you are ready to submit your proposal to review, check the option "Ready to review" and save the proposal.
Pass the SALT is a community and volunteers handled, free access event with quite a low budget. So we try to support financially first the speakers with low resources such as students. We only support flight/train costs, not accommodation.
We kindly ask speakers companies (if any) for taking in charge flight and accommodations costs as much as possible. And, of course, we try to do our best for taking in charge most speakers asking for it.
Just send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
, if any.
Welcome to the Security And Libre Talks (2019 Pass the SALT CFP) submissions site. For general conference information, see https://2019.pass-the-salt.org/
Sign in to submit or review papers.
Submissions: Deadline: 31 Mar 2019 23:59:59 CEST
You must sign in to start a submission.